Wednesday, August 8, 2012


Again, I am a horrible blogger. But I there are times that Facebook just isn't ideal to write down everything I want to say. And I REALLY need to learn to fix my blog up all pretty and everything. One day. But today is not that day. So Sunday we came home from a week in Orlando. We went down on Sunday and came back the next Sunday. I can't really compare it to other vacations because Brad and I have been places alone, two years ago we went with Brad's family to Myrtle Beach and we only had Talan and Nehemiah and Nehemiah was just 6 months old. And now we have a 3, 2 and 1 year old. So I can't really compare it. But I LOVED IT! Brad's cousin has a timeshare there and there son and his wife were going and ended up not being able to go at the last minute. So they asked us if we wanted to. So a free 7 day, 7 night vacation besides expenses? Of course we went. It was a 2 bedroom so we asked Brad's mom and dad if the wanted to go too and they did. We originally planned on leaving our house at midnight and then we were going to have to load everthing up when we got to Brad's parents house. In the end it ended up being 3 AM when we officially hit the road. We all rode together in order to save on gas. We also found a luggage carrier for the van on the craigslist. So worth it!! We decided on leaving so early to try and make the ride better for the children. So they would have more sleeping time than having to sit through all that driving. It was about a ten hour drive, probably a little more. We also knew we would have to make several stops. So our first stop was Cracker Barrel for breakfast. Yummy! Love that place. After eating, dipaer changes and all that good stuff that stop ended up taking about an hour and half. We didn't stop again for a few more hours then we stopped for gas. There we of course did diaper changes, bathroom breaks, and fixed the children a snack. Off we go again. Then we were about an hour and half away from Orlando and decided to go ahead and stop for lunch. We pulled in to a Wendys. One of my favorite fast foods. It was DISGUSTING. It was gross, the prices were crazy and it was a pretty bad experience all together. The children were a little cranky and sleepy. Eli had been constipated earlier that day. Well I had taked Talan to the bathroom so Linda (Brad's mom) had moved over to Eli to try and get him to eat some more. She started to smell something and then investigates. Eli had exploded! So much so that it had shot out of his diaper and there was just this huge blob sitting next to him in the high chair. That was a fun experience. So probably 40 minutes later we finally get back on the road. We arrive at our destination and check in. The actual living room area was a little small but it wasn't too bad. Brad's dad had to go lay down when we got there and we had to go grocery shopping. So first we went and picked up some pizza, came back and ate and then Linda, Talan and I went grocery shopping while Brad took the boys swimming. He was going to take all of them but I couldn't find Talans bathing suit and was horrified I had forgotten it. So she went with us to go pick her one out. That trip to Walmart was an awful experience itself. That place was packed with rude people and it was just packed. And of course it wasn't anything like what we are used to so that trip probably took three hours if not more. So the next day I remember hearing the children wake up and Brad getting out of bed with them. But then the next thing I know I wake up and it is extremely quiet. And 11:00!!! I walk down to the pool where they are and after talking for a bit I end up going back to the room and making everybody sandwiches and putting on my bathing suit and going back to the pool with our lunch. We ate and then swam for a little bit more and then go put the children down for a nap. Brad ended up napping with them and again I had all this time to myself! It was probably maybe and hour or two but it was so nice. I watched tv, played on my phone and ended up sitting out on the balcony reading a book. After awhile we needed to go to Sams to get some more stuff. It had already closed by the time we went grocery shopping the day before. So Linda and I ended up doing that and going back to Walmart and it was again crazy and took hours. We ended up picking up chicken from the deli for supper that night and Brad took all the children swimming while we were gone. And now I think this post is long enough. And knowing me I may or may not come back with part 2 anytime soon. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment