Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Diet

So two days ago I found out that I may have gestational diabetes. Instead of going through the test again I decided to just go ahead and treat it like I did. There was no way I was drinking that stuff again. I spend most of the day yesterday searching out different recipes. I was at a complete lost on what to eat. I think I've pretty much decided that for breakfast I will mainly continue with the smoothies I have been drinking. I don't think it will be too bad and once I get my meter I will know for sure. I also stocked up on oatmeal and cheerios. For lunch I will mainly be eating chicken wraps. And I'm hoping to try lots of new recipes for dinner!

Tonight, (not a new recipe) we are having hamburgers on whole wheat buns. Everyone else will be eating french fries and I will have a salad with mine. I also bought splenda and just made my first thing of tea with it. I actually used half sugar and half splenda since I had no idea how splenda tastes. It is actually extremely sweet. Almost too sweet of a taste. I don't know if I will cut back next or try making it with just splenda. I am also going to be trying out a dessert recipe tonight. Cheescake brownies. Yum! Well, at least they sound yummy. We will find out.

*Update - Whole wheat buns are just as good as regular buns! I didn't really see a difference in the taste. The only thing that was really different was they aren't as soft as white buns. And of course they are double the price. Next time I'm going to the local discount bread store. I actually didn't even think of that until my husband suggested it last night. I also never got around to making the brownies. My back was already hurting too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment