Sunday, July 25, 2010

Weekend Getaway

Wow...even sitting here my body still feels completely exhausted. Just from one day! Friday morning we drove up to Clarksville, TN. for a little mini getaway. A friend of ours had given us a hotel room for the weekend. If we didn't have a baby nursing we probably would have really taken advantage of it and had some alone time. But we had a blast! We got there a little bit before lunch time. Then we went to lunch with a friend and came back to the hotel room. I was already starting to get a headache and the we were trying to get the babies to take a nap and my head started hurting really bad and I started getting sick to my stomach. For some crazy reason I didn't have any tylenol with me. So after realizing these babies werent going to sleep anytime soon we headed out and ended up at the mall. This is where we learned that apparently my 6 month old son absolutely HATES shoe stores. And I am not exaggerating. Every time we went into a shoe store he started screaming. And then we were walking around Target and he was doing just fine. My husband started to go look at the shoes and he started screaming again. It was definitely strange. After the mall we went to eat and we still had a gift card we had gotten so we were able to go out to eat with that. So that first day was an extremely inexpensive day. We had been discussing what we wanted to do the next day and we eventually decided on going to the zoo. I have never been to a zoo and I've always wanted to go. We probably would have went on our way down Friday if we weren't meeting for lunch. So when we woke up Saturday we decided to go ahead and pack up. The zoo was an hour back towards home and we didn't think there was much point in driving an hour back away from home just to get up and drive home the next morning. We had a birthday dinner to be back for today..(Sunday). So we went to the zoo and I probably enjoyed it more than anybody. It was extremely hot and then it became nap time. There was a few times that my daughter pointed and was like "ooooh" or "wow". But for her age it was hard for us to point out the animals to her. She has quite mastered looking where we are pointing. And these animals aren't in cages like at other zoos. There was a couple of animals we never even found. They were hidden so well in their area.
We ended up being at the zoo for about 5-6 hours then we went to this restaurant we read about on The Travel Channel. It was really good and really cheap! I would definitely go back. Then we walked around downtown and took pictures with the statues of Elvis and the giant ice cream cones.
At one corner there was a Mennonite family singing and handing out tracts. We ended up talking to a guy with them and it was surprising to me to learn that we really have a lot of the same beliefs. We got to talking about how so many "Christians" have the mentality once saved always saved. It was funny to me though that after having this discussion with him you would think it was clear that we knew we were saved and living the right way but he still wanted to give us a devotional and encourage us to read it.. But then it may have been its a book he enjoys and thought we might too. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. We did get the family on video singing. Then we drove 2 hours home, passed out and now its Sunday morning. We wont be making it to church this morning which makes me sad since our Pastor will be gone all next week but we are still exhausted. Sorry, I am a horrible story teller and I hate going back through and reading and seperating out paragraphs. Maybe one day....

No comments:

Post a Comment