Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A little time out

I will go ahead and say that this post is probably going to end up being a complete soapbox. But I dont really think in a complaining griping kind of way.

So anyways, this week the youth at our church are at youth camp. They go to Florida for a week. Now, we went to Florida during some of my youth camps as well. But it was still more like camping staying in long rooms comlpletely full of bunk beds. These kids go and stay in these fancy villas. But that is pointless to what I really want to talk about. I was looking at my facebook and I can see where all of these teenagers are posting about camp. And to be honest it just made me sad. I mean here they are posting about what an amazing service but seriously? There was no tv, no phones, nothing when we went to camp. And it should be that way. It should be a time of getting away from all of those things. Thats just my opinion. I wanted to say something about it on facebook but I know exactly what kind of riot that would cause. Its not just the youth on there anyways. Its the leaders that are down there with them. So thats what I wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment