Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Cooking

Over the past couple of days I have tried 3 new recipes. The first one was a bread recipe. I've made homemade bread before and it tasted just fine but I still wanted to try different recipes to see if there was one that I just REALLY liked. This recipe was from an Amish cookbook. I think it turned out really well. It was an extremely soft dough and the bread turned out soft and light as well. One loaf I rolled out and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar before rolling it back up. I'm pleased with how both loaves turned out.
The next recipe I tried was for a slow cooker peanut butter cup cake. This one did not turned out anything like it looked and I followed the recipe exactly. It tasted ok but is not a recipe I will be making again.
The third recipe was for homemade blondies. Again, this one was ok just not something I will be making again. It was supossed to be a dessert and it just tasted like a slightly sweet bread. I love trying new recipes and you never know unless you try them. I think as I experiment more I will know just by looking at recipes wether or not it is something I will even like. I plan on trying a new recipe at least once a month which doesn't seem like a lot but we aren't home that often during the week for supper.
I love making homemade biscuits now and I was originally planning on making some to put in the freezer and I may still but it doesn't take long at all to make up the dough and then the biscuits cook in ten minutes where as frozen biscuits take about 20 minutes to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment