Monday, April 26, 2010

MONDAYS

You wouldn't think being a stay at home that Mondays would bother me but they do. I have a hard time getting back to focus on Mondays so I usually end up making Monday's my errand day. But this week I have a friend having surgery tomorrow so I like to get everything done in one day out.
Well, this past weekend was our women's retreat. I got there Friday afternoon around 4 and then it was cut short due to the storm headed our way. So everyone woke up to packing, eating breakfast and then leaving. The theme of the weeked was Come To The Quiet. And I really hate to say it but I was so looking forward to that concept but it just never came. We were going to have an hour and half Saturday morning to each find a spot on the property for our quiet time. But Friday night was a nice time of fellowship and we did have a group time with the Lord and I have already heard several women talk about how they were touched by God. And now I have some things set before me to think on and get incorporated in my life that I know wouldn't have come about without this weekend. Or at least not at this time.
In a conversation the other day I was talking to someone about God and Heaven and I was really hit with a reality. They said that God wants us to be so close to Him that we are talking to Him just like we were sitting and talking. Well, I am a far cry from that. I hate to say it but hearing God's voice is something I really struggle with. I know I just need to dive in and find every way possible to deepen my relationship with him.
On my Monday side note I lost 1 pound last week. I seriously thought I would have actually gained weight last week. So I am very happy with that and now have 2 1/2 pounds to go before my first goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment