Wednesday, November 3, 2010

History eopin the Making

At least that's what I keep hearing. Yesterday, November 2, 2010 has undoubtedly begun a change in this nation! Not only locally, but across the nation voters are astounded at the changeover of Democratic parties verses Republican. I even watched President Obama earlier on the news. When asked how he felt about this change his first response was "bad." He was saddened over the people he felt deserved to be in office who had been voted out. But I don't really want to talk about all of that. I really just wanted to give a brief note of last night's events. Maybe later I'll go into more detail.
After getting off from working at the polls all day I quickly drove to Scottsboro where I knew people were waiting ot hear the news on whether or not my cousin, Shadrack McGill would win the race for Senate. When I got to the headquarters I was shocked at the people waiting. I had actually just left from Triple R where friends and family were already waiting. At the headquarters were Shadd's mom and dad, grandparents, my mom, Shadd's brother, my sister and then Shadd's crew from Montgomery as well as a few friends. I wanted to give you an idea of who was there so you could really get an idea of what the atmosphere was like in there. After getting numbers and numbers in we were then told that Lowell Barron had conceeded. This is when I wish I had a video camera. Everyone immediately began crying and shouting. I'm beginning to cry just reliving it again in my mind. It truly was an intimate, memorable moment. Then the night went on and on and on! After waiting on some more official word before we would begin celebrating we all drove over to Triple R BBQ. Then we ended up waiting on Shadd for probably an hour but we did sit and listen to him being interviewed on the news! Then when he got there The Daily Sentinal came to interview him and then WHNT news came in. I did my best to avoid the camera but I haven't seen the footage!!! We had cake and snacks and it was truly a wonderful night that Im sure everyone is still exhausted from. Sorry its so jumbled and not very good written but I really wanted to share Shadd's wonderful night with my few blogger friends!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't implying if more people had been there it wouldn't have been a special intimate moment. I just wanted to point out that they were surrounded by people who love them.

    ReplyDelete