Monday, November 15, 2010

Staycation

That's what we did over the weekend. For the first time in a year Brad and I got to spend the night alone together. That's probably more than most couples and we are so very thankful for the time we get to spend together. I know these times will probably get fewer and fewer between but I think I'll remain hopeful that it doesn't. Usually we've always went to Gatlinburg in the past and we contemplated all the way up til Friday morning what we were going to do this time. It was kind of like we had the money to go but at the same time we didn't. We finally decided that we would just stay at home while our kids went to family. It was of course cheaper, much nicer to sleep in our own bed and we still found things to fill our time with! We were celebrating our 4 year anniversary which was on Thursday.

So we didn't get to leave our house until about 7 on Friday evening. We went out to a new restaraunt that we had been wanting to try and it was great! Probably one of my new favorite places to eat now. It was cheap, good and we had our food probably with in five minutes of ordering! And that was after waiting at least twenty minutes to get a table. We then drove over to the dollar movie theater but it would have been midnight or so before we got home so we decided to just go ahead and go home. I was really looking forward to a night of undisturbed sleep but it never happened. No babies and I still woke up during the night and then was wide awake by 7! I even tried and tried to go back to sleep but that never happened. We didn't have any definite plans so we just sort of sat around until I remembered a girl I knew who lives up the road was having a yard sale. So we loaded up and headed to that where we got some real good deals. We then got some breakfast and drove back home. After another little while we got ready and headed to Huntsville. We went to some thrift stores and then a few other stores and then after that we decided to go to Wings to watch the Alabama game. I can't believe how many people go to a restaraunt to watch games!!! It was a mad house in there. We had probably been waiting for thirty minutes and there were still several people who were there before us. I was getting kind of aggravated because there was an empty booth and they were just refusing to seat anyone at it. I didn't want to be rude but I wanted to know why when they have that many people they weren't seating all the tables. So I went to ask the hostess why they weren't seating anyone there and they took us to that table! It was a good seat to watch the game. We left somewhere in the third quarter and ended up driving to Applebees for dessert and watched the rest of the game. We then went to the dollar movies and got home around midnight where we immediately conked out and probably would have slept all morning but started getting txt messages and phone calls about an electricity problem. So we jumped out of bed, got dressed and Brad went and fixed that then we ate breakfast. Then we headed to his moms where are babies were. As always I know my stories are jumbled together and not intersting but I dont have time to make it easy reading...:) I'm actually just finishing this post and I started it yesterday. We had a great weekend and enjoyed our alone time.

No comments:

Post a Comment