Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

This has been quite an eventful week for Thanksgiving and I was so grateful for it. My family stopped doing Thanksgivings together years ago. In high school I went to my best friends for Thanksgiving and then after that I chose to always work on Thanksgiving. Then I married into a family that has a big get together with the entire family. Then last year my family had a Thanksgiving meal for the first time in ages because my uncle who lives in Arkansas and only comes down a couple times a year was down.

So, this Thanksgiving week started off with Brad's extended family dinner on Saturday night. It always has the best food! We had a great time and Brad cooked some deer meat that he had killed that morning and it seemed to be a pretty big hit.

Then on Tuesday night we went over to some more of Brad's family and had a Thanksgiving meal with them. We actually go over to this particular family's house almost every Tuesday night where one of Brad's cousins fixes dinner for whoever wants to come. And usually if we dont end up making it to Tuesday night supper we end up going over there another night of the week. They are a sweet couple and we love hanging out with them.

By Wednesday I had one child getting over having a fever and my son woke up in the middle of the night with a fever. I started giving him some medicine and by that afternoon I couldn't get his fever to break below a hundred. So that evening I ended up taking him in to the emergency room. When we got there his temp was 103.5 but thankfully he ended up having an ear infection. I'm thankful because it could've been worse. So we headed over to a local pharmacy and then home to bed. My daughter ended up staying the night at her Mimi's house with her cousins who were staying the night there.

Then on Thanksgiving we went to Brad's parents house. We did something probably a little strange to most but we made homemade pizzas. Some were obviously not thrilled with this decision but I thought they turned out delicous. And more importantly, Brad's mom has been in a lot of pain and she was very thankful not to have to cook and it was really easy to clean up. Then Thanksgiving day ended up running in to Black Friday starting at midnight but thats another story in itself.

So after Black Friday shopping and being completely exhausted we got ready to watch the Iron Bowl with some other people. Our team didn't win and I can't even begin to stress how exhausted I was but it turned out to be a pretty nice day.

And then Saturday. Probably my favorite of all. This is when my family had a meal and it was so nice to see family I haven't seen in forever. My cousin came down from Memphis and then my aunt and uncle were in from Arkansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment