Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Doctor Visit

Yesterday we went to our first appointment with the new baby. And we also were trying out a new doctor so I was completely nervous. Thankfully, Brad went with me and we also had our 11 month old and 22 month old. When we first got there I found out that the doctor was an OB/GYN as well as he does lots of things such as laser treatment, body sculpting and so on and so on. I'm talking a huge list. This only bothers me a little as to how much he might be available for his patient.
Well, the morning started off pretty bad. Both the babies were ready for a nap and they were so cranky in this tiny waiting room. It wasn't that it was so tiny, it was just completely packed with chairs and there were lots of people in the waiting room. And there were probably more non-pregnant women there than pregnant ones. That was a huge difference from my last doctor. There was usually one or two other people in the room besides me when I went. Then we probably waited AT LEAST an hour if not more to be called back. One of the longest hours of my life. Our babies were so upset!!! It was almost embarrassing.
So after being called back I was weighed (horrible by the way) and then went to a room where I was asked a bunch of questions by a nurse. Who stopped in the middle to go get my daughter a sucker, probably because the crying was annoying her. So after that she then tells us the doctor would be in to meet us and probably would do an ultrasound since we weren't sure how far along I was. Again, I could see major differences in my last doctor. At my old doctor, my belly was measured every single visit and they listen to the baby's heartbeat. And I always had to pee in a cup where they could check for infections and glucose. I liked that much better than not doing any of it at all. And your first visit you always get an ultrasound as well.
Then the doctor came in. He was extremely nice and spent a good bit making sure we were well informed on the fact that we were wanting to do a VBAC after two C-sections. He then told us that for now we could say that a VBAC would be our goal but until I was about 36 weeks there is no way to know if it is even possible. This of course just makes me upset all over again on what happened with my son.
We then went back to do an ultrasound where they immediately chose NOT to do a tummy one to put it in a more discreet way. I hated that. And of course babies are still cranky and needing a nap and we've been there for at least two hours now. But we got to see our baby and found out that Im due around the same time we had originally thought. Im 15 weeks and due May 21. I am already going to have to really watch what I eat and get some walking in because I've already gained 10 pounds!!!
In the end we like the doctor but not so much other things. I believe we will probably stay with this doctor and I can still change my mind later on. We ended up being there almost 3 hours and it is not something we want to do again at naptime! And our next visit we get to have another ultrasound! Oh, and another thing about this office is I was able to get my blood work done there where in the past I've had to go to another place.

No comments:

Post a Comment