Thursday, March 10, 2011

Change

There have been quite a few changes in our lives here lately and some getting ready to take place.

1. My husband started a new job. This was a MAJOR change in our life. Since we have been together he has been self-employed. Towards the end of last year things started going really slow and we began to struggle like we never have. We've always had struggles and plenty of them but we had gotten to the point we honestly didn't know how we were going to pay our bills. It took a lot of praying and getting up the courage for us to both be at peace with my husband going to work for someone else. While others would look at our complaints and basically just be like "Get over it. That's the real world" they dont understand that statement is completely untrue. It completely changed our world. My husband was able to have the most flexible schedule. If I or one of the kids had a doctors appointment he was able to always come with us. When I had our two kids he got to spend every single day and night with me in the hospital. A couple of times I have gotten really sick and he has been able to just come home and take care of the kids for me. Honestly, the list could go on and on and on. My husband also no longer gets to go to church on Sundays because of his job. He works 7 days a week every week. Do you know how many days there are in a week? That's right. 7. It's hard but the biggest positive outcome of him going to work for someone is we know that come this day he's getting a paycheck. And while we aren't worried how we are going to pay our next bill we are still living on an extremely tight budget because we had gotten pretty far behind. But I am hopeful that we will see some debt completely gone by the end of the year.

2. We have been trying to move for over a year now. I have now definitely come to the reality that it is not going to happen anytime soon. At least not for another year. This means we have got to get some major changes in our house. Not really in a construction way, just more organization and changing things around to fit our needs better.

3. I am almost 7 months pregnant. So in about 10 weeks we will have a brand new baby added to this family. This of course is a HUGE change. HUGE! And did I say H-U-G-E. I will then have a 2 year old, a 17 month old, and a newborn.

There are a few other things we are wanting to see changes in and I guess we will just have to wait and see. I have now hired someone to come in once a week and help me clean until the baby comes. Maybe a little bit afterwards too. That will start Monday so we will see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment