Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pesto Salmon

This is only the second time I have ever cooked salmon. I liked the first recipe but I just wanted to try something different. This could not have been any more easy. It won't sound the healthiest but as you can see all I had to go with it was steamed broccoli to help with that.

Ingredients
4 Salmon fillets
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3 Tbsp. prepared pesto
Parmesan cheese (optional)

Cook salmon. Preferably bake it or broil it. I broiled mine for about 4 -6 minutes on both sides. Meanwhile mix mayonnaise and pesto together in small bowl. Once salmon is cooked spoon pesto mixture onto salmon fillets and broil for one minute until hot and bubbly. Top with parmesan cheese (I used an italian mixture I had) if you want. This was very good if you like salmon. To me salmon is pretty strong and it actually lessened the fishy taste. The only thing I would change about this recipe is it made more of a mixture than I actually needed so I will probably just cut back on my amounts next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment