Monday, October 17, 2011

3 pounds

I actually keep debating whether or not to blog about this. Mainly because if I fell I don't want the world to know that I gave in to my temptations. But at the same time I am excited and even disappointed.
This past week I lost 3 pounds. And honestly it would have been even more but I had several days this week where I just did whatever. My official weigh day is Mondays but I have been getting on the scale every day. Which is good and not so good. It showed me where my days of just whatever hurt me but it also showed me that I was losing weight which encouraged me as well and even made me work harder.
And I have done this all on my own. I have really learned that a lot of my eating really is a mind over matter. I would get up every morning and feed the kids breakfast and then eat mine. Now I wait and eat when I'm actually hungry for breakfast. This I feel gives me less chance of wanting to snack before lunch. I've also been drinking lots more water and then just carefully watching what I eat except for supper. And then at supper I just find myself eating a little less than normal. I also started working out on Thursday and I haven't missed a day yet. Not that it won't happen but I really want to be committed to losing weight so I even stay up until 11 if that's what it takes to get a workout in. That is not always going to work though. I have set aside two days for sure that I will go to bed the same time as the rest of my family. Or as close to it as the baby will allow.
So I'm not really sure what my long term goal is. I know for now I'm focusing on the first ten pounds. Mainly I want to get rid of this "stuff" as I call it that I have left over from three pregnancies. So we shall see. I can already tell you that it is 8:00 on Monday morning and I am already finding it much harder this week so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment