Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ladies, paint your nails!

This is my advice for the day. For four years now I can't even really remember a time where I've just felt pretty. I rarely ever dress up because I think nothing looks good. And to be honest I actually feel my best when I am in a t-shirt. I am much more comfortable and I honestly feel like it looks better.
So with that being said yesterday I painted my fingernails for the first time in almost three years. I'm not even sure why I did. And would you believe that something so small just put a little bit more "pep" in my feminine side? If that even makes sense. I have just caught myself taking notice in my fingernails all throughout the day. Whether it be typing on the computer, fixing a sippy cup or washing the dishes.
The same thing happened a couple of months ago when for a girls night out my sister and I went and got pedicures. I always wear flip flops and I just felt a little bit more confident with my pretty toes!
So that's my advice. If you want to feel a little boost in the appearance area just try giving your nails a good painting!

1 comment:

  1. First, I think you look better in other things besides t-shirts, than you realize that you do. We're always our toughest critic.

    Secondly, I need to get back to painting mine. I have super short nail beds and my nails break badly, so they are always short and I sort of feel like polish makes them look shorter, but Patrick likes it when I have them painted, so I should really start making a point to do it more often. I'll have to work on that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete