Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bourbon Chicken

This is a delicious recipe. And it doesn't even have bourbon in it. I can't remember if I had ever posted it before but its what we had for supper last night so I thought I would go ahead and post it.

2 lbs chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1-2 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 c. apple juice
2 tbsp ketchup
1/2 c. water
1 garlic clove, crushed
3/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/3 c. light brown sugar
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1/3 c. soy sauce

Heat oil in skillet. Add chicken and cook. Remove chicken. Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well mixed and dissolved. Add chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
NOTES-I did buy ginger just to make this recipe but we like it so much that its worth it to me because we eat this pretty frequently. Also, the sauce is really thin so I add about a tbsp. of corn starch to thicken it up. And of course we eat it over rice!

No comments:

Post a Comment