Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fajita Rice with Vegetables

I made this last night for supper but since its usually just me eating I had it tonight too. I always like to find the cheapest way possible to make meals. So if ever I can make a meal and eliminate the meat I always do. Of course meat would enhance most of these meals but the bottom line is its still good enough to eat without it and I shouldn't be so spoiled to always have to have meat. I had been wanting to make fajitas but during my cleaning process yesterday my tortillas fell behind the stove. I put things on top of our toaster oven and they like to fall in the space between that and the wall. At this moment there are several things back there and Im thinking its time to pull something out to get everything out.

So.....I decided to cook my vegetables and eat it with rice. I was planning on having rice in it anyways but with the tortillas. I cooked a green pepper, yellow pepper, onion, carrots and mushrooms. Once my rice was done and vegetables tender I then added fajita seasoning and some water to my vegetables. I was originally going to serve this over the rice but I decided to just go ahead and throw the rice in and mix it all up. I could tell when I poured the seasoning pack in that it was too much seasoning so in the future I will either add more vegetables and rice or less seasoning. I then ate this with some sour cream and salsa. I think it turned out pretty good. It was an extremely hearty meal where only one bowl and I was full. It could be made even heartier by eating it in a tortilla or if you like you can of course add some meat to it as well. Im thinking of making the same stuff and trying it as a soup. Fajita soup. Sounds good to me. So that is what I had last night, tonight, and its looking like tomorrow as well. A very simple meal and it was loaded with vegetables.

2 comments:

  1. And on a side note I think just making rice with fajita seasoning would be a nice way to cook rice and serve with a mexican dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And on my side note, you cannot keep adding food stuff on your blog without sharing the recipe for cheeseburger soup with dumplings......K???Thanks so much.....

    LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete