Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Making My List

Making lists really do work! I dont know if its just having something with everything written down and you can go down and check it off but I will be making a point to try and do this every day. Its something my mom would always do whenever we would have to spend a saturday getting our entire house cleaned and its always helped us get the job done.

Last night I decided to make a list of things to do in every single room. I ended up with several different lists actually. The main one was a list of everything I needed to clean. For example.....my kitchen list looked a something like this

wash dishes
clean off table
clean counters and stove
clean kitchen sink
clean microwave stand
sweep
mop

It had a few more things on it but I just started at the top of my list this morning and started working my way down and checking it off. I think listing every single thing is what helps the most. Instead of just making a list that tells me to clean the kitchen I have a specific list and I wont stop at just washing the dishes. Not only did it keep me focused but it also helped me feel like I accomplished something. Going down the list kept me from being able to clean off the kitchen table by piling stuff on the counter....which happens a lot around here. Now my kitchen is cleaned and hasn't been this clean since family cleaned it when we had Nehemiah.

I have a list for each room in my house. I also wrote out a list of things I needed to do today that went beyond cleaning my house. I even put on my list to do my workouts and drink my water for the day. Then I made a list of things I wanted to get done in the long run. This list includes things like deep cleaning out a cabinet and reorganizing my closet. I want to be realistic so Im thinking my goal is to mark at least one thing off that list a month. If Im able to do more than that then yay for me! Ive made lists before and its always worked but Ive never decided to try and do it everyday. Im thinking after accomplishing so much today it really is something I will probably stick to from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment