Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Updates

I never thought I would be this busy staying at home with my babies and not even schooling them yet! I dont know if Im not managing my time wisely or if I really have that much to get done. I used to never want to stay at home and now I hate leaving my house. Partly because its a lot of work going anywhere and partly because I just have things I need to be getting done. There are still those days that I just want to get out and do something.
So where are we at in life right now? Let's start with Talan. She is such an amazing special little girl. She's so smart but she has hit this stage where she is completely rebellious. You might think Im being extreme seeing as how she is only 14 months old but we know she understands what no means and she even understands when we tell her that she will get a spanking. But she will purposely look at us and continue to do the same thing while we sit there and spank her each time. She is definitely strong willed. But she is still the happiest baby I have ever seen. She isn't walking and Im ok with that. Its frustrating sometimes to hear others talk about how she needs to be walking and I should be doing this or that....etc. I know she's a smart girl and when she's ready she will walk. Who knows? God may have her holding off on walking to give me some time to get adjusted to our new life.
Now to the baby. Its hard to believe he is only 2 1/2 months old. I keep expecting him to bust out laughing at any moment. He loves to smile and coo but mostly for the time being he just loves being next to his momma. I am so thankful to be breast feeding him. In the beginning I thought it was stressful and could understand why people chose not to but I wanted to hang in there because I know its good for him. Now I couldn't imagine having to give him a bottle all the time. Breast feeding gives me more sleep and less dishes to clean! Who wouldnt enjoy that?
Brad has been extremely busy with work. He's been gone a lot. Last week he was home one night out of the week. It can make things hard but we are thankful for the work God is providing for him. And him being gone has been such a learning experience for me. Im learning what Im capable of and what some of my weaknesses are. We went out on a date last weekend and it was nice just to have some us time. We even got to make it a whole afternoon and night. We went shopping at some thrift stores then we went to applebees to use the gift card we had gotten back in november for our anniversary! Then I realized I had forgotten the battery pack for my pump so we went to the mall where I could pump. Interesting. Then we ended up going bowling where a couple met up with us. I did realize on the way home that the next time we went on a date my curfew was going to have to be much earlier. It was 10 when we got home and Im pretty sure I dozed off on the way home. And thats just a little bit of how things are coming along for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment