Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Changes

We have so many things going on at the moment. Last fall we bought some land about 20 minutes from here. My husband has been wanting some land for so long and everything just worked out at the time. Our original plan was to move a trailor out there and maybe one day we could build a house. Ideally, we would like more land before we chose to build a house so that might still change. Well, we recently had a tough decision to make. First we found a trailor at such an unbelievable price. A double wide that needs some work but even after we paid for everything we would never even be able to get a single wide for this price. But the only way we will be able to get it is by paying cash. We do not want to go into any more debt. Well, just a few weeks after discovering this trailor someone approached us about renting some of our land to move their trailor on. We knew that we would never want to rent it to someone because we would always have someone on our land. But then she even offered to buy it. And when Brad told her a price she acted like that was no problem. So thats where we were faced with a huge decision. Do we sell our land and get out of debt? Do we sell our house and move?

Well, we have finally decided we want to sell our house. But we do have to act quickly to insure that we can get this trailor before someone else does. I would absolutely love to have more room. But at the same time I am so terrified of being home alone and I just started staying by myself in this house a few months ago. Well part of what makes me feel safer is having neighbors. Where we will be moving there aren't that many neighbors close by. Nowhere near enough to make me feel safe. And then we live right off of the highway. I really enjoy our location for the fact that we are kind of in the middle of the two cities we go to on a regular basis. And there's more of what I will miss. What I wont miss? A train coming by my front yard every 2 hours if not more. A train blaring its horn and waking my babies up or even wake us up in the middle of the night. A kitchen so tiny I dont even have a place to put everything. Literally, I would enjoy a small apartment kitchen much more. At least then I would have cabinets!! I could go on and on with my list of pros and cons for moving or staying. And then to top it off I found out last night that my grandparents are moving right up the road from me! They will still be closer but it was so exciting to hear that news. Now we just continue to pray for God's guidance and direction. And of course the energy and resources to fix our house so we can sell it. My husband already works so hard and he is really going to have to put in a lot of hours for what needs to be done around here.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! An exciting time in life!

    I will be praying everything falls into place as it should, and you would know when and where to make your moves.

    Where is the land?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I would love for you to stay where you are, but I certainly understand the need for more space. I'm not gonna be too sad about it though, because soon I won't have a job and I can drive wherever I want whenever I want! LOL

    Let me know if we can help you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristie- I'm sure Brad has plans in recruiting help ;) Good thing for you he will trade out help...

    Jordan - the land is in Larkinsville which in my opinion is between skyline and scottsboro

    ReplyDelete