Monday, June 14, 2010

Dog Bite

I am absolutely horrible at telling stories and I know this so please bare with me. I usually end up telling 5 different stories before I ever get to the end of the first story I started telling. Plus I'm a woman and we like to go into details on describing things. I mean is the wall ever just painted plain blue? Of course not. Its probably a turqoise with just a hint of the shade of the sky or something to that affect. See....haven't even started my story and I've already written the first paragraph.

So, Thursday afternoon I went walking with a friend of mine, Stacy. I was also pushing my daughter in the stroller. We had already been around the circle once when we were passing by a house with dogs barking through the window at us when suddenly they came flying out the front door. The bigger one, a medium sized mutt, bit me on the back of the leg. It happened so fast and I didn't see it coming. When they came running out of the house I immediately started pushing the stolller off the road and walking away. The dog bit me and then ran back into the yard but was still facing us barking like crazy. I immediately kept walking trying to get as far away as possible. The owner then comes out and stand on the porch and Stacy tells him he needs to get his dog that it had just bitten me and he just stands there on the porch. With the dogs still right there at us!!!

And the way things worked out it really is amazing to see the hand of God on the situation. At first it looked like an awful bite. It immediately turned into a huge purple knot and bleeding. And it hurt SO bad. You wouldn't think it would hurt that bad but it was a throbbing pain all night long. Thankfully it happened right next door to a nurse's house that I go to church with. And then, Stacy's stepdad is an EMT and she called him too. So we went to nurse's house and she starts cleaning it off then the EMT comes and he cleaned it off and bandaged it up and took my blood pressure and all of that. He also suggested that we file a report and so we did. By this point my husband was there. I really will try and condense this....in the end the police officer found out that the dog had just had all of his shots in May (Praise God).

Everyone agreed that I needed to go to the doctor because puncture wounds was not something you wanted to mess with and I needed to get a tet shot. Stacy asks me if I have insurance and I tell her no. Well, Stacy just so happens to be a medical assistant in a doctors office. So she calls someone and here's what happened in the end.
The doctors office saw me the next morning and charged me ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to see me! Then they only charged me THEIR cost for the tet shot. And then it turned out that the antibiotic that I was going to need was very expensive so Stacy called a pharmacist friend of hers who gave me the antibiotic for $26.00 which she said was a steal!!! In the end it cost me about $60.00 but I am so amazed at how God took care of everything. Now I am much better. Its still completely tender to the touch and a huge bruise around the bite but it doesn't hurt anything like it did in the beginning.

Like I said Im not good at telling stories and Im not going to go back and read this so hopefully I didn't leave anything out or say stuff that doesn't make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment