Tuesday, June 15, 2010

December 26, 2009

So hands down I have the most adorable daughter EVER!! She is also the most defiant one! To my 4 followers you all know who my babies are. I am extremely nervous about anything over the internet and have decided I dont want to mention their names in my blog anymore. I will probably go back and look at my previous posts. So for future reference my daughter will be D and my son S. Hopefully not too confusing. But this story is for one particular reader. And it will be the story of my son coming into the world.



He was born right after Christmas but I must go to Christmas morning first. I was 39 weeks, HUGE and miserable. I had been saying for weeks I didnt care if I had this baby on Christmas day I just did not want to wait any longer. Christams day around lunch time we always have lunch with Brad's extended family. I wanted to start there because one of Brads cousins looked at me and said "You are going to have this baby today." My reaction? "Yeah right" Then Christmas night we went to my sister's for Christmas with my immediate family. This part of the evening is interesting because one of my sisters had gotten this chair massager thing with a heating option as well. At one point the others are playing a game and I open her gift ...:)...to try it out. Once I had been discovered I of course told her I was testing it out for her. I also joked about trying to go into labor with it. Also while playing cards I had one sharp pain. ONE. I had been having pains off and on for weeks so this of course meant nothing to me. Then as we are getting ready to leave one of my sisters suggest that she keep D overnight. Give us one last break before this second baby came. So we leave her and on the way home I even tell Brad it sure would be a good night to go into labor since D was already with someone else.



So....it was about 1130 when we finally got home and collapsed in the bed. We couldn't have been asleep long because it was around midnight when I woke up. Now I'm not sure if I had sprung a leak in my sleep or it happened right when I woke up. Either way Im laying there in bed wondering if my water had broke. I wake Brad up and say "Brad, I think my water just broke. Feel my bottom and see if its wet?" (This cracks me up now) As soon as I got the words out of my mouth though a gush of water comes out. I then jump out of bed going "YUP...IT BROKE!" And then I start jumping up and down saying "Oh my gosh, Im so nervous. Im so nervous" If someone else had been around it really was hysterical. The whole time water just keeps coming out. I had went to the bathroom and when I thought I was done had changed clothes. Then it happened again and I started to change clothes again before I realized what a not so bright idea that was. Meanwhile, Brad got really sick. I think just from having no sleep and jumping out of the bed. So while Im getting the rest of my bad ready he was throwing up. Within 15-20 minutes we were out the door and had already called the dr. where I then found out that my doctor had asked his backup to be on call for him. I was already so upset because this dr. had been so rude on the phone. He was so rude it was almost all I talked about the whole way to the hospital. So....we were on our way and phone calls had been made when I realized I had not had one single contraction. But within a few minutes of realizing that they started coming on very strong and very fast. When we got to the hospital I told Brad the wrong way to go and the door was locked so we had to walk around to the emergency entrance which seemed a mile away when I was doubled over with pain. We get a wheelchair head up to the floor and was made to sit and wait on a nurse. I was actually shocked. My water had broke, I was having VERY painful contractions every 1-2 minutes and we waited at least 10-15 minutes. From my understanding, that could be 10 minutes to late for some women. By the time they got me back in the room and changed I was already dialated to a 6. At this point I was so excited and so nervous. My dr. had already agreed that if I went into labor on my own I could try and have a vaginal delivery. (I had just had a c-section 11 months prior to this birth) A few people had already arrived at the hospital when Dr. Harris walks in. Its actually still hard for me to think about this part. He walks right in and tells me that he absolutely does not do VBACS. I literally felt like someone had just crushed my world. I wanted to experience childbirth so bad and I knew if I didn't get to this time my chances were very slim for ever getting to. I just wanted to lay back and cry. And to make matters worse this dr. was still being as rude as ever. Like its my fault I went in labor the morning after Christmas and in the middle of the night. They know it's like that when they chose that profession. So Im prepped for the c-section and I can at least be thankful that this one was completely different than my last one. I was awake the entire time, Brad was back there with me and he was able to take pictures and record it! I threw up 3 times after they gave me the numbing medicine. That happened after I had my epidural with the first birth. But this was disgusting. It was Christmas dinner. It was embarassing. I felt absolutely nothing until they started pulling the baby out. Then it felt like something was crushing down on my chest and I could barely breathe. On the video you can hear me grunting and making awful sounds. Thats embarassing too! You could tell by the cry it was a boy. Our first son! All 8 lbs and 13 oz of him! Which I actually thought was small compared to the first but all the nurse's thought he was big!
Of course there are things next time I want to do different. If I ever get to have a VBAC Im thinking of letting someone else in there besides Brad. We still dont want to find out what we are having. (S) is absolutely all boy and completely different than (D) ever was as a baby. He refuses a pacifier, she cant live without hers. He refuses a bottle, she refused the alternative. She screamed anytime we got in a car, he generally goes to sleep. She NEVER slept like a baby, and he did at first. She lost all her baby fat and got really skinny, he is as chubby as ever. They now weigh the same.

He is such a blessing to us. He is a complete momma's boy. He rarely can be comforted by anyone else. He still sleeps in the bed with me. That's because I love my sleep and I get more rest that way. He loves to watch cartoons and he cries when the dvd stops. He LOVES to be held. He would be completely content to sit in your lap all day. He loves his sister. He loves it when she talks to him and he just sits and watches her smiling the whole time. He says dadda and momma. Not as words of course but he babbles it a lot. Mostly dadda. His eyes are still in between a green color and a brown. And he's really starting to like his dadda too. He will twist around to look at him and just smile up at him. He absolutley loves to be outside. He starts smiling every time the wind hits his face. I could go on and on but this was just supossed to be the story of his birth. So here it is. I probably left out some details in some areas and told too many in others. Just ask if you want to know anything else! -I also did not go back and proof read

2 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    My water broke with Nayah, but contractions never started. On our way to the hospital Lee said, "This is nothing like the movies". lol.

    And I can't believe that about Brad! Im sure it wasn't funny at the time, but I found it very comical! Makes for a good story!

    Sorry you didn't get to have your VBAC. I know that can be emotionally stabbing.

    I hope I have my baby before i'm 30.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...You will definitely have this baby before next year! Brad was speeding the whole way to the hospital and I thought that was crazy that we had plenty of time. Since I was already to a 6 I dont think I will be so confident about how much time we have next time.

    ReplyDelete